Thursday, September 20, 2012

September 19, 2012





Next Meeting:  October 3, 2012

Okay, it's in the bank. We met last night and I thought it was both productive and fun. We even picked up a new member from that far-flung fictional land of Michigan. I keep telling them that it's not real, but they insist...

Lucio especially caught my attention with the second chapter of "Lady Ansa". Not only was it a good chapter, but he was very meticulous with noting feedback from the group. He took - and takes - a lot of notes. As an aside? I've noticed that everyone's writing is getting better. Even mine, I hope. Anyway, I thought he had a good chapter. Cat brought in three chapters from her story "The Legion" and the feedback was good. Nancy remarked on how many characters there were and then complemented her on keeping them all straight. Nicely done, Cat. And then there's Nancy. I
really need to emphasize this: she has a GREAT novel on her hands. Last night? She has been painting Cassandra's character throughout the entire story as being good, honest and straightforward. Then he mother lands on her. Fair? No. But Cass is trying to overcome all the obstacles put in front of her. Nancy? This is greatness. Dave brought the second offering of "Why It's Hot This Summer". Visual? Very. Intriguing? Extremely. I can't wait for an answer to the problem he's painted. Very interesting, Dave, and very well written. Don brought the conclusion to "In The Line Of Fire". I especially liked it because it leads to a much larger work in that time frame? 1937 Italy. Don? I hope you do it because the subject matter is so interesting - especially an editor for a publishing house. There are literally a million different scenarios he could take and write about. Don? I liked it. A lot.

Me? chapters 27 and 28 of Suffer The Children. I got a few congrats from the crowd and I suffered through them. Gang? It was fun, informative and twice a month isn't often enough for me.

See you next month on the 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment