Thursday, October 4, 2012

October 3, 2012






Next Meeting:  October 17, 2012
Last night, October 3rd's Meeting:

Missing in action: Lucio, Gene, Dawn and Greg.

We discussed a new bookstore opening in Riverside at the Canyon Crest Towncentre. Its owner, Linda Nurick, is actively seeking writer's groups for the store, so I'm going to try to talk to her about us. The reaction to this move was generally favorable. I'd like to target the new year, but we'll see how things develop. The place is called Cellar Door Books - and it you have to ask where the title came from - you're like me, because I didn't know either.

Don didn't bring anything with him due to a computer explosion in his home. He contributed, though, and that's always a plus. Don? Thank you for being there and helping us. You always do. Dave brought part 3 of "Why It's Hot This Summer". He's keeping his cards close to the vest, but the end of part 3 maybe showed a little bit of where's he's going with this. I like it, it's still very visual and I can't wait for part 4. Nancy? What can I say about your work that I haven't already said? It's brilliant and the chapter you brought last night was as brilliant as all the others. In it, she revealed a lot of what makes Uncle Stan tick. She also showed that Cass is still as strong as she's ever been. She offered a compromise to him about her place on his ranch and he took it. Cat brought in two more chapters from The Legion. We traded possible cover pictures for her story because it deserves publication somewhere. It's a complex tale that she is keeping straight and true. Excellent work, Cat.

And me? 11 chapters to go. But I proved that not all chapters are good ones. Chapter 29 got panned - even by me - which means I have some work to do.

See you on the 17th...

Gene, buddy? Hang in there. We really miss your stability.
 *Post by Jim Rozhon





No comments:

Post a Comment